GS - Current Affairs - Opinion - Questions - 8th Jan 2014
1) What is Geo-thermal energy? What is the role of it in the Global energy production?
2) How Geo-thermal energy contributes in the process of Sustainable development? Explain.
3) Do you agree that the forty per cent of the worlds geothermal energy resources are located in Indonesia - roughly equivalent to 12 billion barrels of oil?
4) The Earth's geothermal resources are theoretically more than adequate to supply humanitys energy needs, but only a very small fraction may be profitably exploited. Critically analyze.
5) Geothermal power is cost effective, reliable, sustainable, and environmentally friendly, but has historically been limited to areas near tectonic plate boundaries. Discuss.
6) Geothermal wells release greenhouse gases trapped deep within the earth, but these emissions are much lower per energy unit than those of fossil fuels. Critically Evaluate.
7) The top 10 countries in the world emit 67.07% of the world total carbon dioxide emissions. Discuss.